NVivo 8 has an interface that’s similar to Office 2007 and for the first time the software allows you to:
- Import, sort and analyze virtually any piece of information in any language, from videos, interview recordings and documents, to digital photos, media clips, podcasts and even music.
- Work with transcripts or work without them, analyzing material straight from audio and video files. You can even create transcripts or text files within the software as you go.
- View or listen to video and audio clips via inbuilt media players.
- Merge separate projects and still identify which work was completed by which person, as well as view the notes and analysis completed by each team member.
- Share files and findings, including audio, video or sections of documents with clients or colleagues who don’t have NVivo, using HTML web pages.
- Query the analysis completed by individuals or teams and run comparisons to show the percentage of analysis that is the same or different across users.
- Create and export professional charts, including three dimensional bar graphs and pie charts.
- See colored bars called ‘coding stripes’ reflect research factors such as gender, age or income and watch them evolve in real time.
- Watch new animated ‘show me’ tutorial movies and access the most up-to-date help and support resources online.
For the full list of new features in NVivo 8, download What’s new in NVivo 8.