If you’re already using NVivo 8, we encourage you to download NVivo 8 Service Pack 1. You’ll see improvements to the usability and stability of NVivo 8, including the:
- New ability to directly import and work with Microsoft Word 2007 (.docx) documents
- Introduction of two new charts for viewing attribute values, such as demographic information, across several sources (like documents and audio files), and across several themes or nodes
- Ability to customize the columns within List Views
- New ability to preview the information within List Views before printing
- Improved word frequency query allowing you to view word frequencies as percentages, plus the ability to restrict results to only words longer than a user-defined limit
- Improvements to importing of PDF, video and audio files
- New option to hide or show the Find tool bar, giving you more space on the screen and the flexibility to work your way
You’ll find the full list of enhancements in the ‘readme’ file, which can be accessed from the Help menu in your software after downloading the service pack.
Service Pack 1 is available free to all NVivo 8 users, including those using trial software. To download and install it, click on the link below, or follow the instructions you’ll receive via your NVivo 8 software. The service pack file is 100MB in size and on a 512k broadband connection it will take approximately 30 minutes to download.
Service Pack 1 simply updates your existing software – there is no need to uninstall or reinstall NVivo 8 and your projects are not affected. If you have further questions about the service pack or how to install it, please contact our Support team.