Windows 8 also introduces an edition of the operating system designed to run on devices that utilize the ARM architecture, known as Windows RT. The Windows RT edition of Windows 8 is not supported by NVivo 9.
Here are our tips for installing NVivo 9 on Windows 8:
- Ensure you have an internet connection to complete the installation.
- In Control Panel, choose Programs and Features .
- Choose Turn Windows features on or off , and then select the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box.
- Choose OK to install.
- Once the .NET Framework 3.5 installation is completed, commence the NVivo 9 installation.
Note, if you skip the above steps you will receive the error message ‘Error: Unable to load License utility object’. This error message will occur after you have entered your license key and clicked on Next.
You will need to:
- Click OK on the error message screen
- Click Finish at the screen where you enter your license key
- Start the installation again by returning to steps 1 to 5 above.