After installing NVivo 10, when you start the Software for the first time you are prompted to enter and activate your license key (or start a 30 day trial).
Activation is a simple and secure process that ensures only valid licenses are used to operate the Software.
Enter and activate your license (or start a 30 day trial)
- Start NVivo.
- On the Welcome to NVivo 10 dialog box, enter your license key (or click 30 day trial) and then click OK.
- On the License Activation dialog box, enter your details. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be provided.
- Click Activate to complete your license activation.
Note: If you choose to start a 30 day trial, you will not be able to open the NVivo 10 Software until activation has been successfully completed. If the Internet method is not successful, please refer to Contacting QSR to Activate below.
Activate your license later
If you do not activate your license key immediately after entering it (for example, because you are not connected to the Internet at the time), you can activate the license later.
To activate the license:
Contacting QSR to activate
- Click the File tab, point to Help, and then click Activate License.
- On the License Activation dialog box, enter your details. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed.
- Click Activate
If activating via the Internet method is not successful or you do not have an Internet connection, you will see new options at the top of the License Activation screen. These options enable you to send an activation request to QSR by email, mail, fax or phone.
To send an activation request by email, mail, fax or phone:
- At the top of the License Activation dialog box, click Activate via Email, or Mail/Fax or Phone. Note: if you only access your email using an Internet browser (web mail), you cannot activate NVivo by email.
- Enter your details. Those marked with an asterisk (*) must be provided.
- Click the Generate button to create an Installation Key.
- Click Send or Print, and then send the activation request to QSR International by email or use the details on the printed activation request form to contact QSR International.
- After QSR has processed your request, and sent you an activation key, you can activate your NVivo Software—see the instructions below.
To enter the Activation Key provided by QSR:
- If you are not prompted to activate your license when you start NVivo, click the File tab, point to Help, then click Activate License. The Activate screen is displayed.
- Click Activate via Email, Mail/Fax or Phone.
- In the Activation Key field, enter the Activation Key provided by QSR.
- Click Activate.