You are getting this message because the license may not have been deactivated before your computer was reformatted or re-imaged. To activate, please complete an activation request form as follows and send it to QSR:
Activating by Email
- In NVivo for Mac, display the Activate screen. To do this click NVivo > Licensing > Activate from the NVivo app menu.
- At the top of the License Activation dialog box, select Email or Mail/Fax from the Activate via pop-up menu. Note, if you only access your email using an Internet browser (web mail), you cannot activate NVivo by Email.
- Enter your details. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) must be provided.
- Click the Generate Installation Key button to refresh the Installation Key.
- Contact QSR as follows depending on the method chosen in step 2 above:
Click the Send
button. NVivo will generate an activation request email . Add Reformatted without deactivation
to the start of the pre-filled email Subject and send this email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you use web mail (e.g. Hotmail, Yahoo, Google) you can take a screen shot of the completed Activate screen (Press Alt + Print Screen) and paste it into a Word or WordPad document. Save this document as Reformatted without deactivation
, then submit a support request
form with the Subject Reformatted without deactivation
and the saved file attached.
Activating by Mail/Fax
Click on the Print button. Details of where to send the activation request form are provided in the printed document.
Once we receive your request, we'll then determine how to proceed with your activation.
For future reference, deactivate your license key prior to uninstalling NVivo or reformatting/reimaging your computer as outlined in When should I deactivate my NVivo license key? How do I deactivate my NVivo license key?