This error message appears because you do not have 'full control' over certain folders required during the installation process, even though you may be logged in with Administrator privileges.
To set your access to 'full control' you need to follow these steps:
- Open Windows Explorer and highlight the All Users folder
- Access the Tools>Folder Options menu item
- Click on the View tab in the Folder Options dialog
- Uncheck the 'Use Simple File Sharing (Recommended)' option
- Click OK to close the dialog
- Right-click on the All Users folder in Windows Explorer and select Properties from the context menu
- Click on the Security tab and make sure that the 'Full Control' option is checked for your user ID
- Click OK to save the changes and close the dialog box
You can then install NVivo 9. After installing, you can return to Folder Options and recheck the Use Simple File Sharing option.
Please note, you should only follow the above steps if you encounter the above error during installation.