In NVivo for Windows, when you select to Import from SurveyMonkey, it will first ask you to authorize NVivo to use your SurveyMonkey account. If you enter your linked Google/Facebook account credentials here, the authentication will fail and the following message will be displayed:
Please check your credentials.
The SurveyMonkey Application Programming Interface (API) which is used in NVivo doesn't currently support account authentication using your Google or Facebook account; it only supports authorization with your SurveyMonkey account.
- If you already know your SurveyMonkey username and password, then you can use those details to authorize NVivo to use your SurveyMonkey account.
- Otherwise you'll need to first obtain your SurveyMonkey account password, and then authorize NVivo using your SurveyMonkey account credentials.
You can follow the steps below to do so:
- Go to SurveyMonkey login page.
- Select Forgot Password or Username.
- On Forgot Password or Username page, enter your Google/Facebook email address in Contact Email field, and click Enter.
- You should receive an email from SurveyMonkey to reset your password. Follow the instructions in the email to reset your password.
- Launch NVivo, open your project, go to External Data tab, in the Import group, click From Other Sources, and then click from SurveyMonkey. On the SurveyMonkey Authenticator form, enter your Google/Facebook email in the Username field, enter your new SurveyMonkey password in the Password field, and click Authorize.
Note: that your Google/Facebook email is your default SurveyMonkey username, if you haven't manually changed it.