If you're an existing user, you can download updates and full version software here.
Need advice or help? Visit our frequently asked questions for step-by-step instructions on how to download a software file and the common software download issues.
Download QSR software
If you are an existing QSR software user, and you purchase a new computer or rebuild your existing computer, you will need to reinstall the full version of our software. We recommend that you install the most up to date versions, which can be accessed via the appropriate links below.
The use of this software is covered under your existing license agreement. Where applicable you will need to use your current license key to install the software.
Updates for QSR software
We're always looking for ways to improve our software. Our minor releases, service packs and hotfixes update your existing programs and provide a range of enhancements.
Typically, your QSR software will notify you when a new update is available. If you want to check for updates or install an update manually however, you can do so below. If you don’t know the version number of your software read instructions to identify this information.
Find out which version of software is currently installed on your computer
For NVivo and XSight, you can find the software version number on the ‘About’ screen in your software. To access this screen:
- NVivo 10 for Windows - click File>Help>About NVivo
- NVivo 10 for Mac - click NVivo>About NVivo
- NVivo 9 - click File>Help>About NVivo
- NVivo 8 - click Help>About NVivo
- XSight - click Help>About XSight
For NCapture you can find the software version number via your browser:
- In Internet Explorer 8 and 9 - click Tools> Manage Add-ons.
- In Internet Explorer 7 - click Tools> Manage Add-ons> Enable or Disable Add-ons.
- In Google Chrome, click the Chrome menu, then click Tools>Extensions.
For NVivo Server 10 or NVivo Server 9, you can find the software version number on the ‘Home’ tab of NVivo Server Manager.
Please note If you are using NVivo 10 for Mac version 10.0.4, NVivo 10 for Windows version 10.0.573.0 (32-bit) or (64-bit), NVivo Server 10.0.269.0, NCapture for Internet Explorer 22.214.171.124, NCapture for Chrome 126.96.36.199, NVivo Add-In for OneNote 188.8.131.52, NVivo 9 version 184.108.40.206; or NVivo Server 9 version 9.0.288.0, or NVivo 8 version 8.0.340.0; or NVivo 8 version 8.0.335.0 your software is up to date at this time.
Download NCapture and other NVivo add-ons
The following free add-ons are available as options when installing NVivo 10 for Windows. Click here for instructions on how to check if these add-ons are already installed. If necessary, you can install or update them manually by following the instructions below.
NCapture for Internet Explorer
To install the latest version of NCapture for Internet Explorer:
- Download NCapture (4.9 MB)
- Save the NCapture file – NCapture.IE.exe – to a convenient location, such as your desktop.
- Close Internet Explorer
- Locate the file on your computer and double-click it to launch the InstallShield Wizard.
- Follow the prompts to complete the install.
Please note, to install NCapture you must have Administrator privileges for the computer that you would like to install it on. For more information visit NCapture Help.
NCapture for Chrome
NVivo Add-In for OneNote
To install the NVivo Add-In for OneNote:
- Make sure OneNote is closed.
- Download the NVivo Add-In for OneNote (3.9 MB)
- When prompted, click Run.
- Follow the prompts to start the installation.
Please note, to install NVivo Add-In for OneNote you must have Administrator privileges for the computer that you would like to install it on.
For more information about NVivo Add-In for OneNote visit NVivo 10 Help.
Note: Once installed NCapture for Internet Explorer and NVivo Add-In for OneNote will automatically check for software updates and notify you when an update is available. You will be prompted to download and install the new version. NCapture for Chrome will update automatically within the browser.