How to Install NVivo for Mac
1. Locate and double-click the NVivo dmg file that you downloaded.
2. Drag the NVivo icon into your Applications folder.
If you already have a previous version of NVivo for Mac installed, make sure the application is closed before you install this version. You can choose to Keep both versions or Replace the older version of NVivo. If you keep both versions, you can rename the second one.
How to Activate NVivo for Mac
You don't need to enter a license key, but you must activate the trial before you can use NVivo.
To Start NVivo and Activate your License:
1. Click the NVivo icon in the dock or double-click the NVivo icon in the Applications folder in the Finder.
2. Accept the license agreement, if prompted.
3. When prompted, choose the option for a free trial, and then click Next.
4. In the License Activation dialog, enter your details and click Activate—if you are connected to the internet, you can activate immediately.
Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Mac computer with an Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor
Memory: 2 GB of RAM (as defined by the Mac OS X Mavericks minimum requirements)
Display: 1280 x 800 screen resolution
Operating system: Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or later
Hard disk: Approximately 2 GB of available hard-disk space (additional hard-disk space may be required for NVivo project data)