QSR International Pty Ltd A.C.N. 006 357 213 (“QSR International”) is a global organization. QSR International’s Head Office is located in Australia, with offices in the UK, US, and Japan.
The related entities of QSR International include the following:
- QSR International (UK) Limited – United Kingdom
- QSR International (Americas) Inc. – U.S.A.
- QSR International Japan K.K. – Japan
Consent needs to be free and informed. You must ensure you understand the purpose for the collection.
- Australia - The Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) are contained in schedule 1 of the Privacy Act 1988. QSR International is considered to be an APP entity under the Australian Privacy Act and must comply with the Australian Privacy Act as to how to handle, use and manage personal information.
- UK - your personal data is protected in the UK by the Data Protection Act 1998 which requires data controllers to ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully and fairly. The EU Directive 2016/679 for the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) came into force on 24 May 2016 and will apply from 25 May 2018. The GDPR intends to unify data protection laws within the EU and the export of personal data of EU residents outside the EU. It is likely that the GDPR will be implemented by the UK despite the recent announcement of Brexit.
- U.S. - Data privacy is not currently highly regulated in the U.S. Although partial regulations exist, there is no all-encompassing law regulating the acquisition, storage, or use of personal data in the U.S. With the exception of California, very few states recognize an individual's right to privacy. The U.S. believes in self-regulation of data protection by companies.
- Japan – The Act on the Protection of Personal Information 2003 (“APPI”) handles the protection of personal data in Japan. The Japanese Diet passed amendments to the APPI on 2 September 2015, of which will become effective within the next two years.
- Know why their personal information is being collected, how it will be used, and who it will be disclosed to.
- Not identify themselves, or use a pseudonym in certain circumstances.
- Make a complaint if they consider that their personal information has been mishandled.
What Type of Information is Collected?
QSR will collect Personal Information only from customers and in the manner permitted by law. Personal Information is information or an opinion about an individual or from which the identity of a person is reasonably identifiable. The Personal Information collected and stored by QSR about you which is required for use of our website or software may include your name, date of birth, gender, postal and email address, phone number, contact preferences, and credit and debit card information. When you apply for or we need to facilitate a specific product or service, we may also collect information from you related to that product or service.
If you are applying for employment within QSR, we may hold information about you such as employment history, qualifications, residency status, background check and other information required as part of the recruitment process. In that regard, we may also collect Sensitive Information such as health or medical information, racial or ethnic origin, and criminal convictions. You acknowledge and give your consent for QSR to use your Sensitive Information for the purpose of assessing your application for employment within the company.
How does QSR Collect Your Personal Information?
QSR collects your Personal Information in various ways, such as over the phone, via email, over the internet if you transact with QSR online, when you register on our website, fill out a form, activate the QSR software etc.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your Personal Information such as your name or email address. We may ask for further information that identifies you including your mailing address, phone number, contact preferences, and credit card information. QSR does not store your credit card information as payments are processed through third parties using external payment gateways.
In particular, your Personal Information will be collected when you participate in the following activities:
- Request for free trial software download.
- Purchase a product from QSR.
- Activate QSR software and e-demos (includes trial software).
- User testing community
- Register for QSR training, webinars, conferences, events or exclusive content.
- Subscribe to email communications and newsletters.
- Submit a product support request (including product crash report dialogues)
- Contact QSR about a query.
- Participate in an online survey and/or user testing activities.
- QSR marketing/ promotional activities.
- Surf the QSR website.
- Visit QSR Partner sites.
You may visit our site anonymously or choose not to give us your Personal Information. However, without your Personal Information, we will not be able to provide you with the products or services which you may request of us nor are we able to respond to any of your queries.
You acknowledge that Personal Information collected by QSR may be used by the entities within the QSR group of companies.
How Your Personal Information may be Used by QSR
QSR may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To personalize your experience as a user and to allow QSR to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve the QSR website in order to better serve you.
- To enable QSR to respond promptly to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, marketing survey or other site feature.
- To facilitate payment transactions.
- To review QSR services or products.
- To communicate with you as a follow up to any queries via live chat, email or phone.
- To provide the service(s), information or products you have requested or to carry out the transaction(s) you have authorized (or we may disclose this information to authorized QSR partners to undertake this activity on our behalf).
- For research and development in order to improve QSR’s product offerings/solutions to you.
- For job applications within QSR, to review your skills and experience for employment.
Duration for Retaining Personal Information
QSR will destroy or de-identify your Personal Information if it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it could be used or disclosed under the APPs.
Type of Information Not Collected by QSR
QSR does not collect any details of the data you are working with when you use our software products. This data is stored only in the projects or files that you direct the software to save the data.
NCapture stores the data you capture only in the files you create. When using NCapture to capture data from social media sites, you may be asked by the site whether you wish to grant NCapture permission to collect particular kinds of data.
Choosing to grant these permissions to NCapture:
(a) Does not allow NCapture to capture any data that you, as a user of that social media site, do not yourself have access to.
(b) Does not cause NCapture to send any captured data to QSR.
When you import data captured using NCapture into NVivo, you have the option to exclude some unwanted information (such as location or bio). Refer to the Help documentation in NCapture and NVivo for further details.
Third Parties to Whom QSR may Disclose Your Personal Information
In providing the products and services to you, QSR may need to disclose your Personal Information to third parties including:
- QSR’s agents, solicitors, professional advisers, government regulatory bodies, tribunals, courts of law, debt collection agents, and to its related entities.
- Third parties engaged by QSR (who will be bound by confidentiality obligations) in your geographic region or able to communicate in your language, to ensure that you are better serviced.
- Third parties engaged by QSR to conduct customer satisfaction surveys (only with your prior consent).
- In the event of a reorganisation, merger, or sale we may transfer your Personal Information to a third party (who will be bound by confidentiality obligations) during the due diligence process.
How does QSR Keep Your Personal Information Secure
QSR has implemented security measures to protect Personal Information received from you.
The following security measures are in place:
- QSR uses malware scanning. QSR’s website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to QSR’s website as safe as possible.
- Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons authorised by QSR, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- If you make an online application or make a payment transaction using QSR’s website, QSR takes additional steps to protect the security of your Personal Information so that your Personal Information is encrypted via a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology (In your web browser, you can confirm that your session is encrypted by the appearance of a locked padlock symbol at the foot of the browser).
- All payment transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Additional security measures such as the requirement for password and login details are in place when a customer places an order and enters, submits, or accesses Personal Information via QSR’s website.
Notwithstanding the security measures implemented by QSR, you should be aware that there are risks in transmitting information across the internet. While QSR takes measures to protect your Personal Information, QSR cannot warrant the security of any information transmitted to QSR online and users of our website do so at their own risk. QSR will remove your Personal Information from QSR’s system where it is no longer required unless QSR is required by law to store your Personal Information.
Sharing of Personal Information within QSR Group – Cross-border Disclosure
All the information you provide may be transferred or accessed by our offices around the world. QSR International’s Head Office is located in Australia, with offices in the UK, US, and Japan.
As a customer or website user of QSR, you give your consent to QSR to transfer your personal data between the companies in the QSR group. All data is transferred using either a secure transport layer or encrypted algorithm. A majority of the data collected is then centralised and imported into a central customer relationship management system, and housed within secure data centre facilities. This is available to staff across all regions within the QSR group by way of an encrypted secure transport layer and individual staff authentication is required.
Cloud Storage of Personal Data
An entity can store data on remote servers operated by the cloud service provider rather than storing it on their own servers. Regardless of where you use our online services or provide information to us, the information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located outside of Australia. By providing any data through the online services, you hereby expressly consent to such transferring and processing of your data in and outside of Australia.
All data is stored with secure methods and with limited/restricted access to persons authorised by QSR. Data from the various collection points with the QSR group are stored in Australia, USA, Singapore and Ireland.
Links to Third Party Sites
The QSR website may provide links to other sites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies other than QSR. Linked websites may have their own privacy policies. QSR is not responsible for the content of any linked websites that are not operated by QSR, or the privacy practices of those websites.
Blogs and Other Interactive Services
QSR may provide blogs, online forums or other interactive services on its website which enable users to post and share information. Any information posted or shared by users through blogs, online forums or other interactive services will become public information and will be available to other users who access the QSR website.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings.
If you disable cookies, some features will be disabled. As a result, your site experience may be less efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable information for the purposes of direct marketing.
However, we may provide non-personally identifiable user information to third parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
You will have a choice to opt out of any of our marketing activities, and QSR will respect your request not to receive marketing material. We will implement your request to opt out of all marketing activities as soon as practicable upon receipt of your request.
Access, Integrity and Correction of Personal Information
We make it easy for you to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date.
QSR will protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access and misuse but you must advise QSR of any changes to your Personal Information to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date.
Users of our website are also able to change their Personal Information by logging into their account (with appropriate identification) or sending us a request via our online support form.
Alternatively, you may contact us outlining the detail of your request.
Unsubscribe from Emails
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence from us.
QSR considers a child to be anyone under the age of 18. We do not knowingly seek or collect personal information from without the consent of a parent or guardian. If QSR becomes aware that personal information that has been submitted relates to a child without the consent of a parent or guardian, QSR will use reasonable efforts to delete that personal information from its files as soon as possible; and ensure, where deletion is not possible, that this personal information is not used further for any purpose, nor disclosed further to any third party.
How to Make a Complaint
You can complain to us in writing about how we have handled your Personal Information. At all times, privacy complaints will be treated seriously and in a confidential manner without affecting your existing commercial arrangements between you and QSR.
All complaints should be addressed to:
QSR International Australia (Head Office)
2nd Floor, 651 Doncaster Road
Doncaster, Victoria 3108
QSR International team will commence an investigation into your complaint, and inform you of the outcome of your complaint within a reasonable time following the completion of the investigation.
How to Contact Us