NVivo for academics
#1 software chosen by academics for qualitative research
Whether you’re working on a dissertation, publication, funded research or teaching the next generation of experts, you’ll create positive change with NVivo – powerful software that helps you deliver the most robust, defensible findings.
Lecturers, professors, students and researchers all over the world use NVivo to organize, manage and analyze their qualitative data from text, images, literature, video, surveys, social media and more.
By using NVivo to support your research project you can:
- Never forget another 'aha' moment by keeping a research journal in the software with links to those key points in the data
- Organize data your way either working from a structured framework of codes or letting codes emerge through reading and interpreting the data
- Review your work as you go using colourful coding stripes that display alongside your data
- Capture and analyze social media data from Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
- Make sense of survey data fast by automatically coding open ended questions and using matrices to compare the answers from different types of respondents
- Visualize and share findings with your supervisor, students or conference delegates
- Interrogate your data with queries to search for text, analyze word frequency and cross tabulate data
- Manage bibliographic data from EndNote, Zotero, RefWorks and Mendeley
- Export summary data to Excel and .csv formats, for exchange with quantitative analysis tools such as IBM SPSS StatisticsCollect data on just about any mobile device using Evernote or OneNote, and import directly in NVivo for analysis
- Share and report your findings with exportable images, diagrams, tables and documents