Who uses NVivo?
Lecturers, professors, students, researchers, research assistants and other faculty staff all over the world use NVivo to harness and find insights in qualitative data.
NVivo in Education
Whether you’re working on a dissertation, publication, funded research or teaching the next generation of experts, you’ll create positive change with NVivo – powerful software that helps you deliver rigorous research, robust findings, and comprehensive recommendations.
NVivo helps you to organize, manage and analyze qualitative data like text, images, literature, video, surveys, social media and more. It's often used in disciplines such as behavioural sciences, healthcare and medical research, psychology and political science, and business to discover insight in the ever increasing volume of available data.
How NVivo Can Help You
- Never forget another 'aha' moment. Keep a research journal and record your thoughts and notes easily as you work using annotations and memos.
- Organize data your way. Use flexible options like case coding, theme coding and InVivo coding to make sure your data is organized in a way that suits your research needs.
- Review your work as you go. See how you've organized, or coded, your information using colourful coding stripes that display alongside your data.
- Capture and analyze social media data. Use the NCapture add-on to collect content from social media like Twitter and Facebook, and automatically bring that content into NVivo for analysis.
- Make sense of survey data fast. Automatically code datasets, like survey responses. Gather each respondent‘s answers together, or gather all answers to each question quickly and easily. Use intuitive queries to question the data.
- Visualize and share findings. NVivo's visualization tools help you, your supervisor, your students, your reviewer or conference delegates to understand your research, fast. Export and share visualizations so you can communicate the story of your research with the widest group.
- Interrogate your data with queries. Explore your data, test theories and make discoveries using queries. Re-run them through new data and track the evolution of results. Use queries to search for text, analyze word frequency, cross tabulate data and more.
- Manage bibliographic data. Working with EndNote, Zotero, RefWorks or Mendeley? Easily import articles and bibliographic data into NVivo. Take advantage of NVivo's powerful analysis tools to explore the information further.
- Conduct mixed methods research: Exchange data with quantitative analysis tools such as Excel, Access and IBM SPSS Statistics, enabling mixed methods research.
- Make your research mobile: Collect data on just about any mobile device using Evernote. When you're back at your desk, connect NVivo directly to Evernote and import your content for analysis.